Monday, April 12, 2010

Young Womens first activity


They all came, some with their mothers. I had made some beef/barley soup for dinner that night. I had made an extra bread earlier so they could all have a taste. They ate the two made earlier, and the one we just made and all the soup. Some of those moms can really pack it away. But they are cute girls and I enjoy working with them. Our next activity is my birthday party!! I presented them with pouches (you can see some of them on the girls shoulders. It had a journal, pen, pencil, and a set of three in one and a bible. They were all thrilled. I find it hard to give a lesson without the scriptures. Now I am the only one without scriptures (they are in the cargo container)

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just stumbled across your blog and I am very interested. My lifes dream is to spend time serving the people in Africa. So I am curious, What are you doing there? You don't appear to be missionaries...What brought you to Kenya??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. I bet the young women love you. You always do an amazing job at what ever you do.

    ReplyDelete